Imagine that you are all set to complete your most anticipated adventures. “COME BACK. THERE’S a MEETING WITH the CLIENT.” Well, your boss calls, and all that excitement dries down with that one sentence. You joyfully booked that flight on JetBlue, and now you have no choice but to cancel your plans. Ever happened? If it did, just be aware of Jetblue Cancellation Policy and Refund process. It will offer you a chance at rebooking/replanning once your boss is pleased with you attending the meeting.
Well, meetings or any other unannounced troubles can appear anytime, in any form. If you are flying with JetBlue Airways, you have the option to cancel your flights with ease. You simply need to follow the flight cancellation policy, and following that, you can request your refunds.
This article will cover complete details on JetBlue cancellation policy and how you can ask the airline for refunds and money back.
What is the JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy? [Updated 2023]
Like JetBlue, an airline that guarantees customer comfort is hard to find. So, when you can not just board the plane on the scheduled date and know it before the departure, you can easily cancel your flights. The JetBlue Flight Cancellation policy permits travelers to request cancellations for their unused portions of tickets with no charge or minimum fees. According to the data in 2022, here are the basic terms for JetBlue cancellations:
- You can cancel JetBlue Booking online or make requests offline to get refunds depending on your fare terms and conditions.
- The airline only refunds the taxes amounts in case of non-refundable fares and provides the ticket amount as travel funds, aka future travel credits. (Maximum validity-one year)
- Your Future Flight Credit bookings are non-refundable.
- If the cancellations are involuntary and due to flight delays, you can check out the JetBlue refund for delayed flights and take action accordingly.
- Refundable ticket cancellations allow the refunds to original payment forms; even if the airline sends you a travel credit, you can get a refund.
- The rest of the policies depend on the type of fares you have, the time of cancellation, and your destination type.
- The fee for cancellation varies within a range from 50 USD to 250 USD as per your fare type.
Let us take a further look at JetBlue Cancel Flight Policy for different fare terms in detail below!
What is Jetblue 24 Hours Flight Cancellation?
An ambiguous concern for each and every passenger on JetBlue is, when it comes to cancellations, how to make it for free. The JetBlue 24 hour cancellation policy permits customers to cancel their flight tickets for free within 24 hours of the booking. Here are the details:
- If 24 hours have not passed after you made a flight booking with Jetblue, you can cancel it for free. (guidelines by US Department of Transportation) This time is referred to as a risk-free cancellation/change period.
- The airline will refund your whole booking amount to the original form of payment, regardless of your fare type. (Even Basic Economy)
- The only condition with this policy is that your scheduled flight must depart at least a week from the booking date.
Some catches with this Jetblue cancellation policy are:
- Not applicable for vacation packages
- Multiple changes are also not allowed under the risk-free time
- Not applicable to group bookings for over 9 passengers
If you follow this, you can confirm your ticket cancellation without any hassles. The airline will complete the rest of the refund formalities for you immediately. Do not forget to check out the JetBlue refund policy of 24 hours which is exactly similar to 24-hours risk-free cancellation. The only difference is it applies when you want a refund.
What are JetBlue Cancellation Rules for Mosaic Members?
If you are a Mosaic member on Jetblue, you need to follow the simple cancellation rules to cancel your tickets. The JetBlue flight cancellations for Mosaic Members do not have any privilege unless they purchase a higher tier fare for flying. Basic rules include:
- There is a cancellation fee for terminating a flight with a non-refundable fare type.
- They will only be exempt from the fee for refundable fares cancellations.
- Refund for Non-refundable tickets is always in the form of future flight credits.
- Only refundable tickets refund is given to the original payment form.
Always remember to follow the above Jetblue cancel flight rules when booking as a Mosaic member.
Can I Cancel My Award Tickets on JetBlue For Free?
If you are a Mosaic member and purchase an Award Ticket, or simply a passenger with an Award ticket, you still need to follow the same rules:
- For non-refundable award tickets, there is a fee and partial refund.
- On the other hand, refundable award tickets are free from any fees and offer full refunds on cancellations.
Check with a JetBlue representative regarding additional details over the same. The airline experts will give you a proper insight into the tickets and cancellations.
What is Jetblue Airways Cancellation Policy for Military or Government Officials?
If there is a military order or government policy due to which such individuals directly related to the profession are canceling flights, JetBlue exempts them from any fees. There may be a difference in fare, and it is even subject to the availability of the fare in case of flight changes.
However, it still holds that if the person is carrying a fully refundable fare by JetBlue, he can easily get a refund. If he has a non-refundable flight, the airline offers all the amount as future flight credit. But, according to the Jetblue cancellation policy, he can still request a refund against these credits.
How Do I Cancel a Flight on JetBlue Airways?
Now that you know the basics for flight cancellation and the JetBlue cancel flight policy, it’s time for you to make ticket cancellations. There are two simple methods to make Flight cancellations. Also, the process for canceling a ticket is simple either way; offline or online. You can use both methods and request refunds latterly. Keep reading to take-in complete details on requesting a refund from JetBlue Airways.
Cancel JetBlue Flight Tickets Online
- Find the JetBlue com website on your preferred web browser and log in to your account.
- You can continue to the “Manage Trips” section even without that or after logging in.
- If you have logged in, you will see the current trips which you have scheduled. Else, you need to provide these details:
- Ticket Confirmation Code
- Last Name
- Then, you can continue to click the “Find Flights” button and locate your trips under the same confirmation code.
- Once you see your flights, you can select the ticket you want to cancel.
- Further, click on the JetBlue Cancel Flight Button to proceed.
- So, follow the onscreen prompts and complete the ticket cancellation process.
To continue, you must agree with the cancellation terms and conditions shown herein.
- After you do that, the airline will ask you to confirm the fees and complete the cancellation process.
Once you complete all these steps, you may receive a confirmation email for your flight cancellation with JetBlue Airways. You can check your JetBlue Cancelled flight details in this email and use it to request a refund for later.
Can I Cancel My JetBlue Flight Over The Call?
Similar to the online cancellation process, JetBlue permits it’s travelers to make ticket cancellations using offline ways. This also includes cancellations at the airport or over the phone. So, in short, you can cancel your JetBlue tickets over the phone call with ease. To cancel your flights with JetBlue Airways, phone 1-800-JETBLUE(538-2583) and follow the IVR to connect to an agent. This agent will help you to cancel your JetBlue flight over the call and escalate your refund requests to process them further.
Henceforth, you can look forward to rather elaborated ticket cancellation policies and processes with the help of JetBlue Customer Service experts.
How Do I Get a Refund for a JetBlue Flight?
If you have already canceled a flight, it’s time for you to request your booking amount for future flight bookings. You can easily get a refund if you follow the cancellation and refund rules thoroughly. Below, you will find the detailed steps for requesting a refund for your JetBlue flight canceled today or any day within the allowed time frame.
- Start with the JetBlue website and log in to the My trips section.
- Provide the basic details and directly find the Manage Travel option.
- Next, enter the details of your canceled ticket.
- After that, you need to choose the JetBlue Cancel Flight Refund option and confirm.
- The new page will now ask you for your bank details or remind you of the future flight credit.
- You can click confirm and complete the refund request.
The airline will send you a refund within 7 to 10 business days time, Just remember to follow the JetBlue refund Policy and go through every detail before proceeding with the cancellations.
Final Say- JetBlue Cancellation & Refunds
Passengers can cancel their JetBlue Airways Flights by following the above ways. The policies for different fares and tickets may vary, which we have explained. If you think we left out something related to JetBlue Cancellation Policy & Refund, contact a customer service agent immediately. You can also connect with a Skywayfare team representative for informative advantages.