Flight booking is just the beginning, there are many other things you may or may not need depending on your journey. But one thing you need for sure is to choose seats. The place where you sit on the plane must be comfortable enough to help you get through utterly tiring air travel. If you travel with Lufthansa Airlines, it will make your air travel as less tiring as possible, The Lufthansa seat selection process allows customers to select their seats in advance no matter which cabin class they travel in. So, if you are ready to book or have already booked your flights, it’s time you learn how you can choose a desired seat on the plane. In the subsections ahead, you will find all the details to book seats in advance with Lufthansa Airlines.
What are The Conditions to Choose a Seat on Lufthansa?
When you book Lufthansa flights, you can choose seats in advance with or after your booking. However, you must comply with Lufthansa Airlines rules to Select Seats. The airline needs you to understand the following requirements for choosing your seat:
- You must be on a flight operated by Lufthansa Airlines, Regional Lufthansa, Austrian, Brussels, and Swiss Airlines.
- Your flight should not be a waitlist booking, and you must have the confirmation of the ticket.
- The advance seat selection should not be later than 52 hours prior to take-off.
- Selecting your seat in advance does not reserve you a legal right to that specific onboard seat. The airline can change it if the situation demands it.
- Not all seat selectins are free of charge. In other words, you can not choose seats in advance for free with every cabin class.
Customers who miss out on selecting their seats during flight booking with Lufthansa can also choose them after the booking. The airline allows you to access your flights under “My Bookings.” The same option also lets you change seats with Lufthansa Airlines.
Does Lufthansa charge for seat selection?
Yes. Lufthansa Airlines charges a fee for selecting seats in some cases. The economy and premium economy seats are usually chargeable, whereas business or first-class seats do not cost you anything. However, the advance seat reservation is free only for continental feeder and intercontinental flights. Below, you will find different price tables for seat selection on Lufthansa Airlines.
Do you have to pay for seat selection on Lufthansa?
Yes, for any seat selection in Economy or premium economy cabins, customers must pay the Lufthansa seat selection fee. The airline may offer you a free seat selection in some cases. Check the official website to understand the seat selection charges better.
|Price Routes||European routes||inter-continent routes near (short & medium-haul)||intercontinental routes near (long-haul)||Inter-continent routes medium||intercontinental routes far|
|Standard seats||@EUR 142||from EUR 17||@EUR 28||from EUR 33||@EUR 39|
|Preferred Seating||@EUR 203||from EUR 23||from EUR 40||@EUR 50||from EUR 61|
|Extra Legroom Seats||@EUR 29||from EUR 46||@EUR 66||from EUR 83||from EUR 110/1155|
|Price Routes||intercontinental routes near (long-haul)||Inter-continent routes medium||intercontinental routes far|
|Standard seats||@EUR 39||from EUR 44||from EUR 55|
Note that a few of the seats on the list may be in the emergency exit row. The airline may cancel your Lufthansa seat assignment at any time if the need arises, as emergency exit row seats are not open to every passenger. So, if you face trouble while choosing your seat with Lufthansa Airlines, you can get in touch with their experts.
Where are the Lufthansa preferred seats?
The preferred seats on Lufthansa Airlines are in front of the Economy section. You can find them directly behind the Premium Economy or Business Class seats. These seats can let you get off the aircraft quickly. This can help you enjoy a journey that is more flexible, and you feel at ease since everything happens at the right time for you.
What are the requirements for Lufthansa Emergency Exit Row Seats?
Emergency exit row seats on Lufthansa are only available for passengers who meet the requirements below:
- One must be at least 16 years of age to book these seats.
- You must be able to speak German or English fluently.
- Passengers sitting in an emergency row must be open to assist the airline staff in case of emergencies.
- You must be able to read, understand and act upon instructions as per the crew onboard.
- The person responsible should be capable of carrying out the task without any help from a third person.
- You are not traveling with someone dependent or bound to your help during an emergency.
- You are physically strong and can open the doors of the aircraft easily.
- Passengers who do not have a small animal on the flight are also allowed.
If the requirements above are not complete, the airline may allocate another seat for you on the plane. Always make sure that when on a Lufthansa flight, you only make advance seat selections before time. This will help you sit back and relax as you already knew where you’d be sitting at.
How do I Select a Seat on a Lufthansa Flight?
Lufthansa Airlines allows you to select a seat while you are booking your flights online or over the phone. You can also choose a seat on the airline after you have already booked your flights using “My Bookings” or at check-in. The general process to select a seat is to find the seat map under the seat selection option and choose your favorite seats.
Process for Sear Selection on Lufthansa
- Open the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Enter the seat selection section on the website.
- Click on the “Reserve Seat Now” button.
- Now, the manage flight section will open.
- Here, you can enter your booking code and your last name.
- You can also log in using your Travel ID.
- Now click on the Select Seat button.
- You will see a Seat Map.
- Choose the seats you want.
- Confirm the selection.
- Pay for the seats if there is any underlying fee.
You will receive a confirmation email from the airline after you select the seat. Note that you cannot choose a seat in a different cabin, but you can always request a seat upgrade if you are eligible.
How to Get Free Seat Selection on Lufthansa?
When you are booking a flight, you get options to choose seats without a cost. There are a few seats on the seat map which do not have any charges. However, if you want to make a free seat selection, you can choose them within 24 hours of the booking.
Lufthansa also has a clause where customers with the airline’s reward program membership can select a seat for free. Business and first-class customers also get free seat selection with the airline.
The HON Circle Members & Senators who are flying with up to three companions can also get a seat selection for free, except for short-haul Economy Light bookings. If you wish to know more about choosing a seat on Lufthansa planes, connect with the Lufthansa seat selection phone number or our expert team.
You May Visit: