Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Travel Policy: Guidelines for Young Travelers
Lufthansa Airlines warmly welcomes young travelers and provides a comprehensive unaccompanied minor travel policy. This policy allows underage children to travel alone on Lufthansa flights, giving parents peace of mind when their precious kids embark on summer vacations or visit relatives. Their exceptional customer service ensures that unaccompanied minors are well taken care of throughout their journey. Take advantage of Lufthansa unaccompanied minor service and book a flight for your children today!
Lufthansa consistently impresses its customers, and you, too, will be delighted with its services. Let’s explore further details about Lufthansa’s unaccompanied minor travel and make a flight reservation!
Why Choose Lufthansa Airlines for Unaccompanied Minor Travel Booking?
When your child, aged between 5 and 14, is traveling alone on Lufthansa Airlines, it is essential to make a booking for the Lufthansa Airlines unaccompanied minors service. By availing of this service, your children will enjoy various benefits, such as early boarding, allowing them extra time to settle in before regular boarding commences, and receiving a complimentary snack on flights where food purchase is available.
Moreover, Lufthansa also offers the option to request the unaccompanied minor policy for children aged 15 to 17, although this decision is entirely at the discretion of the children themselves or their parents/guardians.
What are The Basic Requirements of Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
To ensure the safety and well-being of unaccompanied minors traveling on Lufthansa Airlines, certain requirements must be met. Please take note of the following when booking flights for unaccompanied minors:
Nonstop Travel on Lufthansa and Lufthansa Express Flights
- Only nonstop travel options provided by Lufthansa or Lufthansa Express are eligible for the unaccompanied minor service.
- Flights operated by codeshare partners or other Lufthansa partner airlines do not fall under the Lufthansa unaccompanied minor policy.
No Connecting Flights on Other Airlines
- It is important that there are no connecting flights to or from other airlines involved in the itinerary for unaccompanied minors.
Minimum Age Requirement
- Children must be at least five years old to travel as unaccompanied minors, even if they are accompanied by an older child traveling alone.
Choice for Children Aged 15-17
- Children between the ages of 15 and 17 have the option to fly as unaccompanied minors if they wish to do so.
- If they prefer, children in this age group can also travel independently without the unaccompanied minor service.
Fee for Unaccompanied Minor Service
- There is a fee of 150 USD each way for every two children traveling under the Lufthansa Airlines unaccompanied minor service.
By adhering to these requirements, you can ensure a smooth and secure travel experience for your unaccompanied minor when flying with Lufthansa Airlines.
What is The traveling fee for Unaccompanied Minors on Lufthansa flights?
Lufthansa Airlines charges a fee for unaccompanied minors (children traveling without an adult) to ensure their safety and provide additional assistance throughout the journey. The specific fee may vary depending on the flight route and other factors. It’s important to check with Lufthansa directly or review their official website for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding unaccompanied minor fees.
As the fee structure can be subject to change, you can refer to this fee chart for a more detailed information.
Fee chart for unaccompanied minor Lufthansa Airlines
|Flight Distance||Fee Range (in USD)|
|Short-haul flights||$50 – $100|
|Medium-haul flights||$75 – $150|
|Long-haul flights||$100 – $300|
Please keep in mind that these figures are approximate and should be confirmed directly with Lufthansa for accurate and up-to-date information.
What if two or more children are traveling without a legal guardian together?
The requirement for the Lufthansa Airlines unaccompanied minors service depends on the age of the youngest child when multiple children are traveling together without a legal guardian. Consider the following scenarios:
Children Below the Age of Five:
- Children under the age of five must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or an individual who is at least 18 years old.
Mixed Age Group (Youngest: 5-14, Oldest: 15-17):
- If the youngest child in the group is between the ages of 5 and 14, the Lufthansa unaccompanied minor service is applicable.
- Even if there are older children (15-17) in the group, the unaccompanied minor service is still required.
Unaccompanied Minors Aged 15-17:
- If a traveler between the ages of 15 and 17 chooses to use the unaccompanied minor service, the entire trip must be booked under one reservation.
- This allows the passenger to benefit from a combined service fee for their flights.
By considering the age of the youngest child and following the appropriate guidelines, travelers can determine whether they need to avail of the Lufthansa Airlines unaccompanied minors service for their journey.
How to Book Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
If you wish to book flights for your child as an unaccompanied minor on Lufthansa Airlines, there are a few methods available to you. Follow the steps below:
Online Booking via Lufthansa Website:
- Visit the official Lufthansa website.
- Under the “Advanced Search” option, initiate the booking process for minors.
- Specify the number of traveling children and their respective age range for the travel date.
- Proceed with the flight selection and booking as usual.
- In the payment section, pay the designated unaccompanied minor fee set by Lufthansa Airlines.
- Complete the booking process.
Call Lufthansa Airlines Customer Service:
- Contact Lufthansa Airlines customer service at 1 (800) 864-8331.
- Inform the representative that you want to book travel for your unaccompanied child.
- The customer service center will assist you in making an unaccompanied minor service booking.
- Please note that a service charge of 25 USD applies for bookings made through the customer service center.
Important Points to Consider:
- Ensure that your child falls within the age range specified by Lufthansa Airlines for unaccompanied minors.
- Follow any additional instructions provided by the airline before, during, and after the travel.
- For detailed information and specific guidelines, contact the provided phone number and communicate with Lufthansa Airlines representatives.
By following these steps and adhering to the instructions, you can book Lufthansa unaccompanied minor travel for your child. For more information, check with Skywayfare team and simplify your child’s air travel experience.
You May Visit:
How to Speak to a Live Person at Lufthansa
What is Lufthansa Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy?
How Do I Change My Lufthansa Airlines Flight?
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the unaccompanied minor fee for Lufthansa Airlines?
Lufthansa Airlines charges a 150 US dollar unaccompanied minor fee each way to send your child with them alone with them. Any child below the age of 18 years can opt for this service, wherein, for five years to 14 years old, it is mandatory. However, children within 15 to 17 years can choose to opt for it if they want.
Does Lufthansa allow minors to travel alone?
Yes, Lufthansa Airlines allows children to travel alone without any legal guardian, parents, or a person 18 years or older. If your child is between 15 to 17 years, they can travel as unaccompanied minors without any service. But for children over five up to fourteen, the airline has some specific service requirements. Any child under the minor category set by the airline, can arrange travel as an unaccompanied minor.
Can I walk my unaccompanied minor to the gate?
It is necessary for a parent/ guardian or someone entrusted by them to walk the unaccompanied minor to the Lufthansa airlines flight departure gate. They must bring the child at least 45 minutes before the flight’s departure and should remain at the gate until the flight takes off.
One thought on “A Guide to Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Travel Policy”
Comments are closed.