Does Southwest Allow Unaccompanied Minor Travel on Their Flights?
Young travelers on flights are a lot to handle. Many parents worry about sending their underage kids alone on that giant plane. But Southwest unaccompanied minor service allows them to relax and send the child to travel without any hassle. Southwest makes it easier for young travelers to fly alone and enjoy their flight without worrying about anything. So, are you ready to book your child on Southwest? Let’s take a closer look at the details of booking flights for unaccompanied minors.
What is Southwest Unaccompanied Minor Travel Policy? [New Policy 2024]
If you are thinking about booking unaccompanied minors on Southwest, you need to know the details and requirements of the airline. First, let’s take a look at the age and other rules for bringing an unaccompanied minor to your Southwest flight.
- Make sure that young travelers are well taken care of before, during, and after their flight.
- According to the Southwest unaccompanied minor policy, any passenger aged 5-11 who is flying without a parent or legal guardian or someone aged 12 or older is considered an unaccompanied minor.
- Passengers aged 12-17 who are not accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older are also considered unaccompanied minors.
- Any minors from 5-11 traveling with Southwest will need to pay a fee of $50 each way, and passengers aged 12-17 will incur a fee of $25 each way.
This Southwest unaccompanied minor fee is non-refundable, and the airline will ask you for it while at the airport. The airline also gives unaccompanied minors a special wristband to wear, which will let airport personnel know that they are traveling alone.
How Do I Book Flights for Unaccompanied Minors on Southwest?
When booking a flight for an unaccompanied minor on Southwest, call the southwest unaccompanied minor phone number 1-800-I-FLY-SWA and provide the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number of the adult companion who will be meeting the passenger at their destination.
- Name and contact information of the person dropping off the passenger at the airport.
- Passenger’s full name, date of birth, and gender.
You’ll also need to provide a credit card number to cover the unaccompanied minor fee. The fee can be paid with cash or a credit card when you drop off the passenger at the airport.
Tips for Making the Most of Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Make sure you know the rules. Familiarize yourself with Southwest’s Unaccompanied Minor Policy so that you know what to expect and what is required of you.
- Book your flight as early as possible. The earlier you book your flight, the better the chance of getting a good deal.
- Bring a valid photo ID when you drop off your unaccompanied minor at the airport, This will help the airport personnel confirm that you are the adult guardian of the unaccompanied minor.
You can not use Southwest airlines manage booking option as you need to go to the airport and talk to an airline agent about sending your kids as minors.
Southwest Airlines Pick-up & Drop-Off Instructions for Unaccompanied Minors
Southwest agent. At that time, a Southwest representative will need to verify the identity and age of the minor. Once both are verified, the agent will provide your child with a Southwest Unaccompanied Minor (UM) tag to wear. This will help the agent and other Southwest staff easily identify your child during their travels. At the arrival airport, a Southwest representative will meet your child at the gate. The representative will then ensure that your child is safely reunited with the person designated to pick them up.
What Do You Need for Dropping Off Your UM on Southwest?
When you drop off your child, you will need to provide a few specific items.
- A completed Southwest Unaccompanied Minor Form – This form contains information about your child’s identity and contact information, as well as information about the adult who will be picking up the child at their destination.
- Also, provide your child with a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s license.
- Payment – Pay with either cash or a credit card to cover the unaccompanied minor service fee.
- Flight Itinerary- Keep the flight or cruise itinerary for your child’s journey, including flight numbers and departure/arrival times.
- Proof of Age- Offer a copy of a birth certificate or other legal documentation that provides proof of your child’s age.
Call Southwest in advance and make sure that they know you will be bringing an unaccompanied minor to travel with you. This will help the airline to prepare the necessary things.
What are The Documents Necessary for Southwest Unaccompanied Minor Pick-Up?
Before your child can travel alone, check the Southwest unaccompanied minor age. Also, the person designated to pick them up will need to provide certain documents and information to the airline. This includes:
- A government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or military ID)
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- The name, address, and phone number of the person designated to pick up the child
- The name, address, and phone number of the person dropping off the child
- A copy of the child’s itinerary
When checking in for the flight, this information must be provided to the Southwest agent. The Southwest agent will keep a copy of the child’s itinerary and the information provided by the pick-up person until the child is safely reunited with them.
Southwest Airlines is an excellent option for parents who need to send their children on a flight by themselves. The Southwest Unaccompanied Minor service is a great way to ensure that your child is safe and well cared for during their flight. With the services available, Southwest makes it easy for parents to rest assured that their child is in good hands during their flight and all of the necessary steps have been taken to ensure their safety. Call the skywayfare team if you need immediate help with booking flights for an Unaccompanied child.
Póngase en contacto con los asesores de viajes de la aerolínea a través de Southwest Airlines en Español Telefono para garantizar un viaje sin problemas a su destino. Si cree que se merece un poco más de sus vacaciones, no necesita profundizar más. Tenemos tu espalda.
If you booked with Southwest and have such a case where you wish to make cancellations, you can rest assured. The Southwest Airlines cancellation policy acts in a way that each passenger looking for cancellations of any of his flights can get its benefit and ask for refunds.
If you already know about the Southwest Wanna Get Away, you are in for a surprise. Many people do not know the Wanna Get Away fares on the airline very well. Also, some people confuse it with the Basic Economy tickets on other airlines.
If you want to fly with your friends, family, or business team, you can not book a direct flight for more than ten passengers in a single itinerary. We suggest you should book Southwest group travel instead. Southwest airlines like any other industry only allow a large group of people under their group travel policy.