Southwest Seat Selection: Pick Seats of Your Choice
When you are flying, it is natural to choose seats at your convenience. With Southwest airlines seat selection, you can get preferred seats. However, the airline has an open seat policy that allows travelers to pick seats as they board the flight. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t select seats beforehand. In the account that follows, the information regarding seat selection on Southwest and other details are presented for your reference.
What is The Southwest Seat Selection Policy?
Are you looking forward to select a seat on Southwest airlines, go through its well-designed policy for seat selection.
- Southwest has an open seat policy. So, there is no seat allocation. Instead, the travelers are given seats as per their boarding group (A, B or C) and boarding position (1-60).
- Check your position in the line.
- Obtain a boarding position in the first half of the boarding passengers to get a seat at the bulkhead, aisle, exit, or window.
Please note Your boarding time is determined by your boarding group and position.
How to Find and Book Seats on Southwest?
To know how to select seats on Southwest, go through the following steps -
- Visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Select the flight number you are traveling on.
- The screen will display the number of seats in the flight with vacant and occupied seats.
- Check the seat availability and choose your seats.
- Pay for the seats selected.
How to Choose Seats on a Southwest Flight?
If you want to learn about choosing seats on a Southwest flight, the following pointers will help you.
- Check-in 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure.
- Select from the seat options of Southwest airlines such as business select seats, or upgraded boarding, or an EarlyBird Check-In.
- Book tickets for the flight that takes off first in the day.
- With an A-list elite status, you can pick the best seats.
- Get complimentary upgraded boarding (when available) with a Southwest credit card.
Which are The Best Southwest Flight Seats?
If you want to pick seats on a Southwest flight, you might have your favorite ones to go for. However, if you want to know about the best seats, select those as per your requirements. Take a look -
- For extra legroom, choose the seat in the bulkhead region.
- To exit quickly, get in the front seat.
- Families who sit together can head to the flight’s back seats.
What is The Southwest Airlines Seat Selection Fees?
The seat selection fee on a Southwest flight ranges between $30 and $40. The prices are determined as per your itinerary. The airline also rewards its A-list members by providing them boarding positions ahead of general boarding. They can also board a flight even before Early Bird travelers.
Which Seating Options Does Southwest Offers?
The airline offers you three options for seating from which you can choose your preferred ones. Have a look at each.
- Change anytime for free
- Get 10 Rapid Rewards on every dollar spent
- Use rewards for further Southwest booking
Wanna Get Away Seats
- Luxury at budget
- Get food, beverages, legroom, and entertainment
- Fares are non-refundable
Business Select Seats
- Most premium seats
- Extra legroom, complimentary food and drinks
- Free entertainment
So, don’t question yourself with can I pick seats on Southwest flights as the airline allows you to do so.
Therefore, you need not worry about picking seats of your choice and according to your convenience when traveling with southwest airlines. Just make sure that you follow the customer-friendly seat selection policy of the airline and the steps to check the seat availability and book it. Moreover, you can select from the seating choices and the best seats on Southwest flights. However, you must pay charges for flying on your favorite seats. So, make a Southwest airlines seat selection carefully and travel at ease. You May Visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get a higher boarding position on Southwest Airlines?
Yes, seats on Southwest flights are the same size. However, seats in the exit row and those offering an extra legroom are exceptions.
Do I have to pay for Premium Class or First Class upgrade?
Visit the official website of Southwest and go to the Check-In. Enter your booking confirmation number. You will see the Upgraded Boarding option below the flight's itinerary. Make sure to upgrade within 24 hours of the flight's departure.