You were excited and looking forward to your next trip. But something came up and you have to postpone your trip to some other time in the day. So, count on American Airlines same day flight change feature. It takes away stress and hassle from your travel. Thanks to its smart approach to make your trips easier.
That’s why you need not worry if there is an emergency and you have to modify your travel plans. With American Airlines you can change your flights easily on the same day. To know more about changing your flight booking on the same day with American Airlines, go to the following account.
What is The Same day Flight Change Policy of American Airlines?
Do you need to change your AA flight on the same day? Here are American Airlines same day flight change policy highlights that will help you make modifications required in a hassle-free manner.
- You can make same-day changes on select American Airlines flights at some charges. However, there are some exceptions to it.
- When traveling on an American Airlines flight, you need not pay for the same day standby.
- Your new flight must -
- Have the same-day scheduled departure and the same airports as the originally booked flight
- Have the same stops on the route, at the same airports as per the original ticket
- Be American Airlines or American Eagle operated
Travel on partner airlines
Have you purchased a partner airline ticket for an AA operated flight? The airline allows you to stand by or purchase a same-day confirmed change. View your trip with the AA confirmation number.
- With American Airlines your confirmed changes and standby are determined by availability on select flights.
- Any traveler can standby for an earlier flight. However, the airline allows only its AAdvantage status holders to standby for a same day flight later on.
How to Request an American Airlines Same-day Flight Change or Standby?
If you have to make a same day flight change with American Airlines, here are the simple steps.
Online Methods for Same-Day Flight Change
Through the Website
- Visit the website of American Airlines.
- Click on the My Trips option.
- Enter your booking number and last name.
- Find your trip.
- Your itinerary shows up.
- Click on the option of Change Flight.
- You will be redirected to a new page that displays a list of available flights.
- Choose a flight that suits your requirements
- Follow the instructions and request a flight change.
Via AA App
- Install the American Airline’s app on your smartphone.
- Log in to your account.
- Follow the prompts to request the same day flight change.
Once your American Airlines same day flight change request is approved, you get its receipt and a new boarding pass.
- Request your flight change 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
Can I Contact a Live Person to Change an AA Flight the Same Day?
To get connected to a live person at American airlines to request a same-day confirmed flight change, follow the process mentioned below -
Offline Methods for Same-Day Flight Change
On Phone Call
- Dial 800-433-7300, the official contact number of American Airlines
- Listen to and follow the IVR prompts.
- When a live executive gets connected with you, request the same-day flight change.
At the Airport
- Another way to get a human to change an AA flight on the same day, you can also visit an airport ticket counter to make a flight change request.
- Pay the fee, if required.
If you have a Basic Economy ticket, AA doesn’t allow you to make changes at a kiosk. Find your booking on the AA website, its app, or go to a ticket counter to request.
How Much is the American Airlines Same Day Flight Change Fee?
You have to change your AA flight and want to know what American Airlines change flight fee for the same day is, scroll down.
|The same-day confirmed charges prices start at||Flights to||Standby|
|The U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands||Free|
|Between/ through New York (JFK) and London Heathrow (LHR)||Not offered|
|Canada and the Caribbean|
Does American Airlines Offer Complimentary Flight Change or Standby?
Yes, American Airlines offers complimentary standby or change to:
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum and AAdvantage Platinum Pro status holders as well as companions in same booking
- AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold status members and up to 8 companions in same booking
- Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 100K, MVP Gold 75K
- Oneworld Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status holders and up to 8 companions traveling in same booking
- JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic members
- First and Business Flight Awards passengers
- Unrestricted Economy (Y fare), First, Business, AirPass travelers
- Active U.S. military personnel (on orders or personal travel) and active U.S. military dependents (on orders only)
Can I Get American Airlines Refunds for the Same-Day Flight Change?
On American Airlines, your change flight fees are non-refundable with the following exceptions -
- The airline could not assign you a seat because the next flight doesn’t have any.
- When AA cancels your new flight.
- If your new flight is delayed or you miss the connecting flight because of the delay.
If you are in any of the above situations, you can request a refund online.
Since American Airlines provides the best services to its travelers, it has a huge customer base worldwide. One of its top services is the same day flight change. So, if you are in a situation where you can’t continue with your original travel plans, inform the airline.
With American Airlines same day flight change approach, you can make the changes required or even go on a stand-by. So, book your AA tickets worry-free as the airline takes care of your requirements even at the last-minute.
You may Visit: