When you study abroad, it’s quite hard moving around, and with those hefty airline ticket costs, it seems worse. But when you are a student flying Turkish Airlines and overall studying in Turkey itself, you have a higher advantage. The Turkish Airlines student discount does not just benefit local students but also students from abroad traveling internationally. Students can fly home to their loved ones, explore new destinations, or reach their school/college from somewhere across the planet. These discount fares provide the students extra perks to offer them the best options for flying. Are you a student looking for cheaper ways to fly too? Well, Turkish Airlines got your back with its incredible discount options. Travelers who flew before April 2023 know how generous the airline has been to students. So, if you want a 5,10, 15, or 20% discount on Turkish Airlines flights, read on!
How Do I Register as a Student on The Turkish Airlines Website?
If you are a student of an international university or a local school/college in Turkey, you have complete advantages from Turkish Airlines. You can customize benefits as a student, which help you plan your vacations better. To avail of these offers as a whole, you just need to be a Miles&Smiles member. But how do you register for Turkish Airlines student discounts? Let’s find out in a few simple steps:
Sign Up for Miles&Smiles
If you are already a member of the Turkish Airlines rewards program, skip this step. Otherwise, you can create an account under the Miles&Smiles membership and get the Welcome bonus. After signing up, you will become eligible for the next step.
Define Your Account as a Student
Now, you must provide the information that you are a student. If you are a student in any university in or outside of Turkey, you will have to fill out the online registration form. The form details depend based on the location of the institute.
Login After Approval
The airline will approve your account as a student after you have completed the registration process. Once you have approval, log in to your account and check out the exclusive deals available. This is how you can register yourself as a student to get a discount on Turkish Airlines flights. The best part is that the airline does not differentiate and gives a discount to both domestic and international academic scholars.
What to do After getting registered as a Student on Turkish Airlines?
The Turkish Airlines student offer and discount is available for every student no matter where they study as long as they are flying on the airline-operated schedule. The students can obtain discounted prices on tickets and some additional perks with flights and stay out of any expenses that are beyond their limits. Let’s see how you can benefit from the student discount fares on Turkish Airlines:
- Go to the official Turkish Airlines website or open their official mobile app.
- After that, log in with your Miles&Smiles account information.
- Next, choose your passenger type as “Student.”
- Now, provide the travel date preference and other necessary flight details.
- Soon, you will see the flights as per the discounted options.
- Choose a flight and confirm your booking payments.
The new flight you have will be under the miles and smiles discount by Turkish Airlines for school/college/university students.
Do International Students Get to Register for Discounts from Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines offers discounts for international students who are looking to book flights. To avail of these discounts, international students can follow a simple process.
- First, access the online student declaration form provided by Turkish Airlines.
- In the form, select the options indicating their Miles&Smiles membership and also enter the “New Feedback."
- Within the form, find the "Application" section, and choose the "Student Registration Form" option.
- Here you can provide necessary details such as full name, surname, date of birth, and Miles&Smiles membership number.
- Additionally, upload a scanned copy or photo of your valid student card or any other supporting document that verifies your student status.
- After the form submission, Turkish Airlines will review it to approve it by the system.
- Upon approval, you will have a designated student account, allowing you to enjoy the benefits and privileges offered by Turkish Airlines for students.
Alternatively, students can also visit one of the official sales offices to complete the application process and receive a Turkish Airlines student ticket on international flights. Please note that the exact steps and requirements may be subject to change, so you can check the official Turkish Airlines website or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date information regarding student discounts and registration procedures.
What Additional Perks do I Get with Turkish Airlines Discounts for Students?
If a student booked a flight under the student discount before 10 April 2023, the airline had a 50% off promotion going on. Since we are way past April, now the discounts available o flights differ by domestic and international flight options. However, the total discount amount varies by their choice of flights and total cost. For instance, 10% off is a minimum on any flight that a student books under his Miles&Smiles membership. Here is a list of additional perks that a student will get.
- Enjoy up to 20% discount on Domestic Trips
- For Flights from Ercan Airport, you can get up to 15% off at the base rate.
- International trips for students are about 10% off
- One-way flights with Special Fares exclusive for School/College/University Students
- Till the end of 2023, get 25% more miles earnings on each flight.
- New members get 1000 welcome miles and a total of 2000 miles.
- For international flights, enjoy a one-time free ticket change.
Not only are these discounts cost-effective, but it also helps students to plan an adventure that they have never imagined. Moreover, if you have an ISIC card, there are perks like hotel accommodations for any stopovers in Istanbul of over 20 hours.
What are The Conditions for Getting Student Flight Discounts?
When you book Turkish Airlines flights with Student discounts, you can get serval perks, but you should also be wary of some things. Here is a list of conditions that you need to check regarding international and domestic student flights:
- Students aged 12-34 can benefit from student flight ticket offers on international flights.
- A 10% discount is applied to the base fare for both one-way and round-trip international flights.
- Special fares are offered for one-way international flights.
- The discount does not apply to taxes and may vary depending on factors such as route, class, and date.
- U, W, and P fare classes departing from Turkey do not receive a discount, but other advantages may still apply.
- The baggage policy for tickets purchased under the student passenger booking is 40 kg.
- Flights using the per-piece concept have a baggage allowance of 2x23 kg.
- The maximum length of stay between outbound and return flights is 12 months.
- The first change is free of charge for tickets purchased with the student flight ticket discount, although fare differences resulting from fare class changes may apply.
- The first change is also free for fare classes not eligible for the discount.
These advantages apply only to scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines and do not extend to codeshare flights, Star Alliance partner airlines, AnadoluJet flights, etc.
- Students aged 13-25 can benefit from student flight ticket deals on domestic flights.
- On domestic flights, students are eligible for a 20% discount on the base rate, while flights to/from Ercan Airport offer a 15% discount.
- The discount does not apply to taxes and is not applicable to promotional classes (V/P/W/U/F/G).
- Baggage allowance remains the same for both student and adult passengers on domestic flights and flights to/from Ercan Airport.
- There are no exemptions for student passengers regarding change rules on these routes.
Finally, for more details on Turkish Airlines student discount offers and flights, you can check with an airline agent or get in touch with our experts.