When you are traveling, having the facility to select seats is a huge benefit. Thankfully, you can avail of this facility with Air France seat selection feature. As Air France operates to numerous destinations worldwide, it allows its travelers to choose from various options for a pleasurable trip.
That’s why the airline allows you to choose a seat as per your convenience, budget, and comfort. Thanks to its customer-friendly seat selection policy, Air France lets you pick, change, and upgrade seats. So, don’t worry if you want to get a window seat or get that at the aisle. Choose one that best suits your requirements.
Now, let’s see how you can select seats on Air France flights and get more related information in the account that follows.
Can I Select My Seat on Air France?
Yes, Air France allows you to choose a preferred seat so that you can delight in a comfortable, convenient, and feature-packed trip as required. To help you have a streamline seat selection, Air France has simple seat processes to choose seats and book those as required.
What is Air France Seat Selection Policy?
To make your seat selection smooth and hassle-free, here are the highlights of Air France seat selection policy:
- When traveling with a child who is 14 years old or younger, Air France books you free seats together, before 2 days of your flight’s departure.
- Check your boarding passes for seat location.
- For kids traveling solo, a free standard seat is available. However, inform the airline that your kid will be flying unaccompanied by any adult.
- Families traveling with a kid below 2 years of age, Standard, Premium or Business seats can’t be booked online. Contact the airline to get this service after purchasing tickets.
How Do I Choose My Seat on Air France?
When you travel with Air France, you can select seats for extra comfort and convenience. The airline allows you to select seats online or offline as per your requirements.
Let’s see how to choose seats with the airline.
Online Seat Selection Methods
- Login to your account on the Air France Airlines website.
- Go to Manage My Booking option.
- Find your flight.
- Tap the option of Select Seat.
- Select the seat.
- Confirm and save changes.
Via Mobile App
You can also select seats through the mobile app of Air France.
- Install it on your smart device.
- Login to your account.
- Follow the prompts.
Offline Seat Selection Methods
On Phone Call
- Dial 800-873-2247.
- Carefully listen to and follow the IVR instructions.
- Once a live representative connects, request seat selection.
- Share the details required.
Alternatively, you can select seats through:
- An Air France ticket office
- A travel agency
For every seat selection, pay the amount, if required.
What are the Air France Seat Booking Options?
You have various options to choose seats when flying with Air France. From Standard seat to Premium and Business seats, Air France allows you advance seat selection for your convenience.
Available on all flights, seat selection requires you to pay for this service. However, make sure to select your seats when booking your trip up to 30 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. You can choose from:
With Air France, if you are traveling on a budget, you can go for an economy seat selection that has:
- Cheapest seats among international choices
- Seats with headrests
- Basic services with standard benefits
- One free checked baggage allowed
- USB ports
- Delish French meals and kid-friendly food options available
Premium Economy Seats
Go to the Book Seats option of the airline to access these seats and enjoy:
- Check in with 2 items and 2 hand luggage bags
- Priority boarding
- USB ports
- Lounge services available
- Spacious seating at budget
- Personal tablets and headsets
- Redefined dining and beverages
Business Class Seats
With Air France, you can choose business class for a luxury seat selection with enhanced amenities. You get:
- Fine lounge services with snacks and refreshments
- Personal cabin and customized services
- Intercontinental cuisines
- Restaurant tables
- Seats reclining up to 180 degrees
La Premiere/First Class Seats
Here are the premium seats in Air France flights where you delight in:
- Superior lounge services with spa and beauty treatments
- Chauffeur services to the airport
- Exclusive in-flight services like private beds, TV shows, etc.
- Wine and other beverages
- International cuisines
Can I Change or Upgrade an Air France Seat?
Yes, Air France allows you to get a preferred seat by changing the preselected ones. For this you have to:
- Visit My Bookings option on the website.
- Transfer your Standard, Premium, or Business seats selected to your new flight.
- If the chosen seat is unavailable on the new flight, request a refund through Contact Us.
The airline might change your selected seats for safety or operational reasons.
Does Air France Charge for Seat Selection?
Yes, Air France charges you with an amount as its seat selection fee to pick seats of your choice onboard. Various factors determine the seat selection charges such as destination, fare selection, and travel dates.
To have a clear idea of the charges, visit the airline's website. Here, you can find advance seat selection prices while making your booking. Alternatively, you can find prices in the My Bookings section.
You can pay with your:
- Flying Blue Miles
- Blue Credits.
Can I Get Free or Complimentary Seats on Air France?
Yes, the airline offers you complimentary seats and allows you to get free seats of your choice. Let’s take a look into this.
You need not pay Air France seat selection price as complimentary seat selection is available for the membership holders.
To any destination
The following get free seats:
- Travelers having reduced mobility
- Unaccompanied minors
- Flex fare passengers
- Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members with their travel companions (same booking)
All the above are eligible to get a:
- Standard seat in the Economy cabin
- Premium seat in the Premium Economy cabin
- Business seat in the Business cabin
Traveling to or from the United States
A free Standard seat selection is available for travelers having a Standard fare ticket from:
- France or the Netherlands to the United States, Canada and Mexico, or between France and Papeete
- The Netherlands to the United States, Canada or Mexico
- The United States, Canada and Mexico to Europe
- Choose your seats in the My Bookings section if the above service is not free.
- Only transatlantic flights get this free service.
Flying Blue members in the Economy cabin can get a seat at no extra prices:
|Seats||Silver members||Gold members||Platinum members|
|Extra Legroom||24 hours||72 hours|
|Front Section Seat|
The hours mentioned above are before the scheduled flight's departure.
Therefore, count on the flexible Air France seat selection policy and enjoy your trip. Want spacious seating? Choose extra legroom seats. Looking forward to being among the first ones to exit the plane? Book a Front Section Seat. Want to sit with your travel companion? Select a Duo seat.
So, discover the seat choices, pick a seat that meets your needs, and enjoy extra comfort. Don’t wait. Your favorite seats might be booked fast. Grab your spot now!
You May Visit: